Thursday, March 17, 2005

Belated New Year Greetings

Goodness gracious. Okay, so it's been AGES since my last posting. Lots had gone on the last three months of 2004. I could sit here and topline each month, but I'm just not in the mood to do so. Instead, I'll just talk about a few of the things that have happened so far in 2005.

  • One of our friend's got laid-off for the eight-bazillionth time AGAIN. He just has the worst luck with jobs, AND women. Coincidentally, he and his 2nd wife are trying to divorce amicably. Is it bad to say I never really warmed-up to her in the first place?
  • I FINALLY had my first review with my boss in January - two months past my 1 year mark. It went well.
  • Work-work-work-work! I've been incredibly busy with work. I know have weekly meetings that take place at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesdays and 9:00 a.m. on Thursdays. I usually call-in from my car while on the way to work. Just craziness.
  • Went to my crazy cousin's (one of many) wedding in Chandler, AZ. Saw lots of other relatives that I haven't seen in ages. My husband had a horrible headache the whole time. *gasp*
  • Wonderful news, my husband got a permanent gig. The place he's been freelancing at since last October offered him a full-time position. Lucky for us, this stability will help us buy a house this year because....
  • We got SCREWED by the tax man! We owe. We need a write-off that doesn't require a 9-month gestational period (or food, clothes, shelter, and requiring me to gain more weight that I have already gained w/in the past year).

Other than that...things are grand.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment