Thursday, February 16, 2006

This is Messed Up!!!!!!

Girl's prosthetic legs stolen for 2nd time

By Aarthi Sivaraman, Reuters

For the second time in three months, a 16-year-old California girl who lost a leg in an accident has had her artificial limbs stolen.

Melissa Huff, an Arcadia High School student who uses a $16,000 (9,000 pounds) prosthetic limb to play softball for the school team and another one, valued at $12,000, for everyday use, said both were taken from her bedroom on Tuesday.

"I was picking up my little brother from school when my mom called me and asked where I left the two prosthetic legs," Huff, who lives in the Los Angeles suburb of Temple City, told Reuters in an interview.

"I knew right then that it had happened again."

Lisa Huff, her mother, said she came home around midday on Tuesday and found the room shared by Melissa and her older sister a mess. Only the prosthetic limbs were missing.

Read the full story here on Yahoo!

Article and pictures featuring Melissa Huff on Ossur's Web site (a global orthapaedics company best known for its leadership in prosthetics).

No comments:

Post a Comment