Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Firefly Obsession

1. Imagine...
"Nothing beats a quiet evening in the backyard: the slow overtaking of the day and the day's heat as nature settles into night, the lazy blinking of fireflies as they float aimlessly about searching for love, and the tranquil, almost narcotic sound of a light breeze whispering through the leaves and the branches, the gentle arms of the trees. Well, enjoy these peaceful evenings while you can, because they're numbered... ."

--By Bill Ditenhafer, "Downed Power or Downed Trees?", Nashville Scene



2. Learning the secrets of fireflies...




3. Dreaming of...
Seeing a firefly in your dream, represents
bright ideas that are coming out of your unconscious.



4. Fireflies Screensaver
Some guy named Matt Perry designed and built this. Check it out for free - download at your own risk.



5. Firefly the Short-Lived TV Series

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel series creator Joss Whedon wasn't as successful with the masses with his most recent creation, Firefly. It still has a small cult following (one of my former co-workers - CW - swears by this show), but it has yet to be determined whether or not its small fan base is large enough to sustain a mini-series. Personally, I only watched the first four shows, and I thought it was just horrid. I thought that since I was a loyal BtVS and Angel fan that I would have loved another one of Whedon's creations. Boy was I wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:15 AM

    I didn't like Firefly much either, but I bought the series on DVD recently, just for the hell of it. I want to see if I missed anything before the movie (Serenity) comes out.
    ---OutOutBlogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if there's anything interesting on the DVD set. I think I'd have a hard time watching it now that two of its main characters finished-off their TV-time as big baddies on BtVS and Angel.

    ReplyDelete